"Sharing the Best Insightful Knowledge for Digital Government and National ICT Development"
The Global Academy of the National Information Society Agency (NIA) was established in 2013 by the Ministry of the Interior and Safety(MoIS) of the Republic of Korea to provide professional training courses with the aim to share Korea's experience in ICT and Digital Government policy with the world. The Global Academy plans and operates professional training courses to enhance the ICT/Digital Government policy capabilities of domestic and overseas high-ranking government officials and experts. From 2013 to 2021, more than 7,000 people from 159 countries completed the training courses.
To deliver professional knowledge on Digital Government/ICT
To strengthen cooperation with partner countries and international organizations
To improve the expertise of human resources
What We Offer
Global Academy organizes the Korean Digital Government Capacity Building Program to share experiences of operating Digital Government with governmental authorities from countries around the world, who share a vision of innovative administration through the Digital Government. In this regard, we invite government officials in charge of the sector to Korea and share knowledge and know-hows.
- Participants : Government officials from Digital Government/ICT-related ministries in developing countries
- Program Objective : To provide a country-customized program by analyzing the status of ICT development and requirements of Digital Government in developing countries
- Contents : The customized program schedule and contents will be decided based on the agreement between the Global Academy and partner countries. Sample of contents is as follows:
Outreach Program(Korea Digital Government Knowledge Sharing Program)
The Ministry of the Interior and Safety (MoIS) and National Information Society Agency (NIA) of the Republic of Korea have annually organized ‘Korea Digital Government Knowledge Sharing Program since 2008. This program is designed to provide government officials and many experts an opportunity to participate in knowledge exchange with the Korean officials and experts in a participating country. The outreach program is operated in the form of open forums to share the state of Digital Government policy between Korea and developing countries, and to discuss cooperation measures.
- Participants : Government officials from Digital Government/ICT-related ministries in a participating country
- Program Objective : To share current Digital Government status of Korea and partner countries, and details of Korea Digital Government strategy, the best practices of Digital Government service as well as how to overcome the challenges in Digital Government development
- Contents : Theme will be selected based on the request of the partner countries in order to enable the countries to better reflect their own circumstances and issues. Moreover, presentations will be delivered by experts of each topic, such as government representatives, professors, and those from public agencies of Korea that are in charge of Digital Government service. Along with the program, bilateral meetings for future mutual cooperation will be held if it is requested by the partner countries.
[Invitational/Outreach program] Number of participants/participating counties by year